Thursday, December 22, 2011

Plodding along....

I think it was a few weeks ago that I said I was nearing the end of my present revision, and had five more pieces of story left in my Scrivener sidebar until I finished.

So how far have I come in a few weeks? Well, I still have five more pieces of story left in my Scrivener sidebar. Actually, it’s six. I have done quite a bit of work on it, but it all seems to have been swallowed up. It’s difficult when you rewrite one bit and then have to go back and rewrite an earlier bit so it matches nicely.

I’m having fun, though, which is the main thing. There’s lots of action and adventure in the current bit, and one of my main aims is to make it exciting. Which I hope it is. I’ve also been trying to niggle out the tricky bits in plot during tube journeys, but I find I get too distracted and start reading the backs of other people’s newspapers and trying to see what books people are reading and subjecting the advertisements to in-depth critical analysis. Even if I don’t get distracted, I'm likely to almost miss my tube stop (I’m sure my train this morning made a jump through the time-space continuum and skipped three stops) and forget everything I’ve been thinking about in the rush to squeeze out the doors before they close.

So, I thought, maybe I should get a tablet so that I can brainstorm and write while on the tube! (I hear from others that it is quite useful to do this.) Let’s ignore the fact that I could do the same thing on a bit of paper.

Hmm. Maybe I should try the bit of paper idea first. It’d be a lot cheaper.

2 comments:

  1. one who speaks russianDecember 31, 2011 at 4:02 AM

    or a smartphone. tablets dont seem to be much more than a bigger smartphone. or a basic computer if you dont have a smartphone. ahh the allure of technology :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you don't have that much of a keyboard on a smartphone... I have been testing out tablet computers in shops and I can just about touch type on them. They don't have apostrophes on the main screen though! It's an apostrophe catastrophe.

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?